Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Summer...So Far

I have taken the last two months to just enjoy the summer with the kids. I have had a ball-not sure about the kids.

We welcomed a new member of the family, Butch the Bassett Hound.

Unfortunately, someone else was enchanted by those big brown eyes and stole Butch just two nights ago.

Which broke the heart of my eldest son, since Butch was technically his dog.


Speaking of the eldest, he joined/formed a band. We've had lots of teenage boys hanging out at the house, playing loud music (that makes my ear drums bleed), and eating the groceries quicker than I can replace them.


Which has resulted in my daughter spending most of the summer at her BFF's house.


She and I took a day a few weeks ago and went flea marketing, a first for her. We found this chair for $5!!



And transformed it into this. Not to bad for our first try at something like this. It isn't perfect, but she's happy and I'm just glad to be done with it.



We have went riding up old hollers and down old roads and seen some really pretty things in our part of the Wild and Wonderful. I think I'm going to frame this and hang it in my dining room.



We have taken our kids swimming, much to the delight of Otis the Water Dog. It is harder to get him out of the water than it is Art!

We enjoyed a small circus that came through town.



There was tigers, that made us 'Ohhh'...



there was this cute goat that rode on a miniature donkey's back (I don't think the donkey enjoyed it as much we did)...



and a llama (I think) that fascinated Art. But the best part was when Art got to make me a nervous sweaty mess by fulfilling one of his dreams...
he not only held, but hugged-HUGGED- a baby alligator.

Hope everyone is having as great a summer as me and mine.

No comments: