Saturday, August 8, 2009

Taking a Profile Picture

I couldn't imagine being an only girl in a family, probably because I had 3 sisters. Can you imagine never having anyone to whisper with about boys? Or arguing with about clothes? Worse, can you imagine being the only girl with 2 brothers? My daughter can relate to that.

My eldest informed her that she needed a new profile picture, the one she had made her look fat (his words, not mine). So she and I tried to get the perfect picture for her profile.


I loved this picture and I told her I loved this picture. But evidently, you cannot have a profile picture featuring a happy teenage girl smiling the prettiest smile in the world. It just isn't done. Perhaps she should have listened to me. Because...

We were being stalked. Slowly and surely, we were being stalked by the bane of every teenage girl's life-


her little brother.



Who just happens to be my baby, and that makes him somewhat attention deprived, as most youngest children are.

She persevered, barely grimacing at first...


begging me to banish him from the room, perhaps the moon she suggested...


that's not a smile, that's her threatening to break his arm while I snap pictures and she's still posing away...


do supermodels put up with these working conditions? Do they keep smiling through the pain of a shoot when all they want to do is slap someone so hard they scream for their mommy?


Do they gently nudge those sharing the spotlight with them into their proper spots?


Do they yell at their photographer when they get no cooperation?



But look, wonder of wonders, the frustration of being the only girl resulted in the perfect angsty profile picture!!!

1 comment:

Poogiecat said...

Awesome pic! Little brothers are good for creating angst!!!